RE: XForms WD 20011207 - document architecture

From: Dan Dennedy <DDennedy@digitalbang.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 08:51:31 -0500
To: "JOHANSSON, Justin" <Justin.JOHANSSON@baesystems.com>, <www-forms@w3.org>
From: JOHANSSON, Justin [mailto:Justin.JOHANSSON@baesystems.com]

> What's wrong with this is that the spec is imposing a
> head/body structure on

I agree. I noticed this addition during review, but it did not set off
an alarm as it had Justin. However, I think it should be worded such
that *if* a containing document has separate head and body sections,
then suggest model belongs in head. However, I do not even think there
should be a requirement to do so, given a head section. After all, we
have namespaces.

> that would make life easier for everyone.  However XSL documents
> (eg. the W3C XMLspec.xsl) do not have head/body elements.  There
> may be some valid reason for wanting to use XForms in an XSL
> document such as in a web authoring application and such forethought
> should be considered in the XForms spec.

Actually, one of the next steps in my implementation is to allow the
mixing of XSL and XForms in a single document.