Re: New WD, Section 2.7 Complete Document

From: <AndrewWatt2001@aol.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 08:50:38 EST
To: www-forms@w3.org
roman.huditsch@hico.com writes:

> Reading the new WD, I noticed that in the example in Section 2.7 there
> are some brackets missing. I think that
>
>     relevant="my:payment/@as == 'credit'"
>
> should be replaced by
>
>     relevant="my:payment/[@as == 'credit']"
>
> as it is written in section 2.5.
> But I must confess that I didn't try wheater it would work in that way,
> too.

Hi Roman,

I think there are errors in your suggested correction, as well as in the new
WD

First it is, as I understand it, illegal in XPath to follow a "/" with a
predicate.

Second the use of "==" as an equality test is not an XPath 1.0 construct, to
the best of my knowledge. In XPath "=" is used and I think the WD needs to be
corrected in that regard, since I understand the intent is to follow XPath
1.0 syntax.

Andrew Watt