Re: The RDF in WD-xforms-20011207

Yuk!  So every group that defines a namespace gets to
give rules about how namespaces are used in their little
patch of XML?  Why did the XML namespace working bother
meeting?

John.

At 06:02 PM 12/10/2001 -0500, Barstow Art (NMP/Boston) wrote:
>The RDF example in section 8.12.4.5 is:
>
>  1. <rdf:RDF xmlns:rdf="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#">
>  2.  <rdf:Description about="#email-input">
>  3.   <my:addressBook>personal</my:addressBook>
>  4.  </rdf:Description>
>  5. </rdf:RDF>
>
>The RDF Core WG is actively addressing issues in the RDF M&S spec and
>a decision they have made in:
>
>  http://www.w3.org/2000/11/mr76/rdfc25May.html
>
>is:
>
>  [[
>    RESOLVED: 2. The grammar will be corrected to require
>    namespace-qualification for all attributes for The List.
>    A namespace prefix MUST be used for these attributes, where
>    the namespace prefix points to the RDF URI
>    http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#
>  ]]
>
>Given this decision, 2. above should be changed to:
>
>  <rdf:Description rdf:about="#email-input">
>
>I fed the above RDF to the first three online RDF parsers listed at:
>
>  http://www.w3.org/People/Barstow/#online_parsers
>
>and they either threw an error or a warning because
>the RDF fragment does not define the "my" namespace.  I
>realize the HTML that encapsulates the RDF is just
>a fragment but you may want to add an xmlns:my attribute
>to line 1. or 3.
>
>Art Barstow
>---

John J. Barton          email:  John_Barton@hpl.hp.com
http://www.hpl.hp.com/personal/John_Barton/index.htm
MS 1U-17  Hewlett-Packard Labs
1501 Page Mill Road              phone: (650)-236-2888
Palo Alto CA  94304-1126         FAX:   (650)-857-5100