Re: XForms WD 20011207 - Questions

tvraman@almaden.ibm.com writes:

> Our original intent was to reach last-call but we felt we
> had another couple of  weeks worth  of work left on the
> processing model chapter.
>
> Given the level of public interest in the XForms
> specification, we decided to publish a working draft now
> --since it's also about 3 months since we last published
> --in the interest of keeping the WWW community informed
> about where we had gotten.
>
> Please review this draft  carefully
> --in fact almost as if it were a last call document,--and
> give us feedback --especially as we flesh out hte processing
> model chapter.

Thanks for the prompt feedback. I think it was probably a good idea to get a
WD in the public domain since the amendments to the schema were public and it
was difficult for those of us outwith the WG to be sure exactly how far
things had moved / were moving.

If there is a substantial level of public interest what could the XForms
community constructively do to make the XForms mailing lists better known.
Currently on the YahooGroups.com list there are 36 members. I assume (rightly
or wrongly) that the W3C list may have around the same number. So how do we
translate "public interest" into active participation in the XForms process?

Another more specific question. Is what the new WD is calling a "Schema
Constraint" in Chapter 6 the same as a constraining facet in W3C XML Schema?
If so, might it not be better to use the same terminology as W3C XML Schema?
If not, can you help me understand the distinction?

A typo/inconsistency: In Chapter 1.3 the terms "appendices" (correct) and
"appendixes" (dubious) are both used. Maybe stick to appendices?

Andrew Watt