Re: Definition confusion - XForms Model

From: Tim Anstee <tanstee@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 10:06:17 +0100 (BST)
To: www-forms@w3.org
Thanks Srini,

That sort of helps out, but I still am a little confused about the
distiction between the xform:model element and the XForms Model.

Take the new specification (28th of August 2001) for example. I have
assumed that everything in section 2.7 which is inside the node
<xform:xform> is part of the XForms Model.  If this is so, what is the
<xform:model> node for?  The name suggests that everything inside that
should be the model, but other documentation suggests otherwise.  There
doesn't seem to be any explanation of the <xform:model> nodes purpose in
the specification.  I assume it is the schema for the instance data (as
hinted in your email snippets below), but it doesn't seem to be mentioned.
 Have I missed something?  Is the node innapropriately named?

I held out on sending this email until the new specification was released,
but it doesn't help any.

 --- Srinivas ponnada <sponnada@baan.com> wrote: > Hello

Tim Anstee

Do You Yahoo!?