Sanity checks

From: Tim Anstee <tanstee@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 12:35:02 -0700
To: <www-forms@w3.org>
Hello all,

I have had a couple of reads of the specification and have a question which I hope doesn't indicate that I need to read it a couple of more times...

In creating data entry forms it is common to confirm the correctness of data which, whilst it is valid, is unlikely to be correct.  An example of this is an insurance application which asks the year a driver was born in.  Whilst 1890 may well be a legal value, it is unlikely that this is correct and should be confirmed.  Is there any way to ask for confirmation in a case like this in the specification, or does it require an escape on the validate attribute to a scripting language?

Regards,
Tim Anstee