RE: NetScape/IE

From: Gary Franklin <gfranklin1@home.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2001 12:10:47 -0400
To: "'www-forms@w3.org'" <www-forms@w3.org>
Sebastian,
I apologize for responding to an old message, but I am just reading through
go one step further.  I think Microsoft's 'new' architecture, .NET, with its
two forms technologies (Windows Forms and Web Forms) is a clear indication
that a single, comprehensive, standard forms technology is needed.

I'm not sure if XForms fits the bill (I'm currently reading the spec), but
I'm confident that a comprehensive forms technology would subsume .NET
forms, JSP, PHP, etc.

As you indicate, the 'form' is applicable to the UI (Browser, desktop,
hand-held, etc.) and for program-to-program communication.  A standard form
technology like XForms has the ability to greatly simplify application
development and costs.

Gary