AW: XForms & XSLT (was: Re: NetScape/IE)

From: Schulze, Matthias <schulze@dresden-informatik.de>
Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2001 19:06:59 +0200
To: "'Sebastian Schnitzenbaumer'" <schnitz@mozquito.com>
Cc: www-forms@w3.org

> When the user changes the settings, the copy
> of the originating XML-A document loaded into the
> browser gets changed. When the user hits submit,
> the updated XML-A document overwrites the
> existing XML-A document on the hard drive.

Sebastian,

I don't see how this might be accomplished using XForms alone. Changing the
originating XML requires additional serverside logic, for instance a servlet
that performs the actual DOM access.

Will XForms really provide a general approach for manipulating serverside
XML?
If not, how can you say that "XForms is the XML-F back from XML-P to XML-A"?

regards, Matthias