Re: NetScape/IE

* Sebastian Schnitzenbaumer wrote:
>I agree that Microsoft and Netscape are
>unlikely to support XForms, but I very
>strongly disagree with the disruptive
>pseudo-quote "There is nothing called
>XForms, it's just a draft...".

I didn't mean to sound disruptive. What I wanted to say is, that XForms,
well, are just a current working draft, there is no normative
specification for it so it is in general unlikely, that you'll find any
support for them in current software releases, especially those focussed
on different targets. I _do_ think that XForms will be implemented by
Microsoft and Netscape, as I hope to see them used in XHTML 2.0, but I
see no chance for support, say, this year. I don't even think browser
support (or support by browser vendors) is needed for adoption of
XForms, there is a wide range of possible applications that gain great
advantages by using XForms and I even know of some experimental
implementations.

I'm sorry if my mail implied something else.

>XSLT, for example, took off quite well
>without Microsoft and Netscape ever
>implementing it in the browser.

Microsoft had by the way very early support for XSLT in the Internet
Explorer; it was just an implementation of a working draft, but it
didn't take too long until Microsoft released a conforming XSLT 1.0
implementation. Comparing XSLT to XForms is however not really fair;
forms are an important part of XHTML and therfore of the browsers
while XML Transformations aren't.