RE: Binding

From: Scott N. Smith <Scott.N.Smith@hotelinfosys.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 11:46:07 -0700
To: "'www-forms@w3.org'" <www-forms@w3.org>
Alexey,

> My personal opinion, that the link DATA - MODEL - UI
> more natural than DATA - UI - MODEL. Especially, with
> regard to the main idea stated in W3C working draft
> about one XML instance data, one XForms Model
> and many different UI descriptions for different devices.

Absolutely completely agree.  In our efforts, the first UI will be HTML.
Later, we want to improve the user experience by moving to a Swing
interface, and only want to have to swap out the UI layer.

The DATA-UI-MODEL would be seriously broken, IMHO; I would have to choose a
different standard than XForms.

> <snip> Are there any discussions on this question in W3C ?

I sure hope so.

-Scott