Re: another possible hole? equivalent to input type='file' missing

I have a couple of suggestions along this line here:
http://www.hpl.hp.com/personal/John_Barton/#WebBasedUI
but I know that the XFORMs team has some ideas already.

John.

At 09:47 PM 4/26/2001 +0200, joern turner wrote:
>some time ago a discussion about possible holes in XForms UI took place
>on this list. i think, i've now stumbled about another one (if i
>hopefully havn't missed something).
>
>I couldn't find any information in the XFormsUI chapter about an
>equivalent to an html input type="file", which allows a simple
>file-upload from a browser. when using XForms for web-applications you
>surely need something like this to map the generic XForms UI to html.
>
>in the future small devices like PDAs may also support some equivalent
>to an upload (maybe from a flash-device or microdrive) so this is not
>strictly a browser- or html-specific question.
>
>Are there any informations about this?

>joern turner
>senior developer @ webman AG, Germany
>chiba.sourceforge.net
>www.webman.de

John J. Barton          email:  John_Barton@hpl.hp.com
http://www.hpl.hp.com/personal/John_Barton/index.htm
MS 1U-17  Hewlett-Packard Labs
1501 Page Mill Road              phone: (650)-236-2888
Palo Alto CA  94304-1126         FAX:   (650)-857-5100