Dots in input's names interefere with dots in XML element names?

From: Mikko Honkala <Mikko.Honkala@iki.fi>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 13:26:48 +0200
To: <www-forms@w3.org>
Hello everyone!

We are, here at HUT [1], building an experimental XML browser, which
supports XSL FO, with FOP [2] as the basis. I am currently implementing
limited XForms support [3] and noticed the following problem:

if I have

<input name="root.purchase.order.name"/>

Which of the <name> - elements this path applies to in the following
instance data?

        <name>My name</name>
          <name>My name</name>

Maybe something else than '.' should be used as the separator in XForms,
e.g. '/' as in XPath.

[1] Helsinki University of Technology. Telecommunications Software and
Multimedia Laboratory (TML)
[2] Apache FOP project. http://xml.apache.org/fop/
[3] XForms Obsoleted Working Draft.

- Mikko.Honkala@iki.fi - 050-570 4 102 -  http://www.tml.hut.fi/