Re: Finance Methods

From: <ken_warkentyne@rapport-direct.com>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2000 19:16:44 -0700
To: www-forms@w3.org

Finance methods should definitely be included in a separate library as they may
need to be localized (while the other methods do not appear to require
localization). For example, mortgage payments in Canada are calculated on a
different basis than those in the United States and result in different payments
for the same term and interest rate.

PS: I have been working on a specification for an XML based form language that
has some great similarities with XForms. Unfortunately, I was not aware of the
XForms work or I could have saved myself a great deal of trouble. Our client is
the Credit Union Central of Canada and our goal is to provide a platform for
loan and insurance applications over the Internet. As I catch up on your work, I
expect to be sending in a large number of comments.