Standards

From: Scott, Randall <scottrc@hqlee.deca.mil>
Date: Tue, 9 May 2000 14:18:37 -0400
To: "XForms (E-mail)" <www-forms@w3.org>
Maybe some dumb questions, but being new to this forum I would like to know
if XForms will be trying to normalize the standards embodied in XFDL (from
PureEdge) and XFA from (from JetForms) [and any other XML Forms standards]
submitted to W3C for consideration, endorsement, and/or approval? My
particular interests are:

  1. Will we get to a normalized XML Form Standard (is that a desire of
XForms), and
  2. If so, will the XForms XML Form Standard pursue open-ended Digital
Signature and Biometric technology standards [hopefully non-proprietary
standards], that shows plausible possibilities of achieving or assisting in
persistent legal binding paperwork elimination and e-Commerce.

Any help out there on these?

Randy
Randall Scott
Defense Commissary Agency