Re: [Moderator Action] XForms suggestions

From: Dave Raggett <dsr@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 10:49:35 +0100 (GMT Daylight Time)
To: Stan Attenberger <sea@ornl.gov>
cc: www-forms@w3.org, Stan <attenbergese@ornl.gov>, Tim <rhynebt@ornl.gov>, Jon <jgrubb@utk.edu>, Chris <lindsleycj@ornl.gov>
On Mon, 26 Jun 2000, Stan Attenberger wrote:

> At 04:56 PM 6/26/00 +0100, Dave Raggett wrote:
> >you may need more
> >control over when individual fields are validated. Perhaps, the
> >onchanged event handler attribute might be appropriate for this?
>

> Dave, sorry to overlap my emails.  Where would I invoke
> the event handler?  Do you mean that I could
> do something like this in the data model section?
>
> <string name="color" onChange="reset_picklist(this,color)"/>

Yes. The event would be fired whenever an instance of this
type is changed. I will try and get events on to the agenda
for the working group's next meeting. If the idea is accepted,
it would appear in the next public draft of the XForms data model.

Note that as XML is case sensitive, we may want to make
the event attributes for XForms the same case as was chosen
for XHTML, i.e. all lower case.

Regards,

tel/fax: +44 122 578 3011 (or 2521) +44 778 532 0444 (mobile)