RE: XForms not enough

From: Joe Hewitt <jhewitt@zenimax.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 11:45:48 -0400 (EDT)
To: "'www-forms@w3.org'" <www-forms@w3.org>

>> but before XForms can continue we need a working group
>> for an XUL-like language as well.

>I agree - why isn't there such a working group?

Probably because the W3C is still hung up on using HTML and the CSS box/flow
model.  XUL defines a presentation model that is much different from that,
and more suited to typical "applications".  If the web is ever going to
allow an alternative from the magazine-style page layout, we need something
like XUL.  It should not REPLACE what HTML and CSS currently define; it
should be an alternative.

I'll restate the fact that XForms should combine this functionality into
it's eventual recommendation.