Finance Methods

From: Steffen Goeldner <sgoeldner@eurodata.de>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 14:28:22 +0200
To: www-forms@w3.org
From XForms 1.0: Data Model, W3C Working Draft 06 April 2000:

  7.4 Finance Methods

  [Issue: Should these be in an optional financial library?]

I think yes! These methods are already categorized as 'finance'
methods. It's always a good idea to establish a separate namespace
for such a case. I know many languages where the default namespace
is cluttered with reserved words and keywords (e.g. PL/SQL has about
543 in Oracle8). It's impossible to choose good identifiers in
these environments. Naming rules are established to circumvent
bad language design, e.g. my_id, its_var, ...

Steffen Goeldner