  From:       Nick Van den Bleeken <xforms-issues@mn.aptest.com>

  To:         Kevin E Kelly/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS

  Cc:         member-cdf@w3.org, www-forms-editor@w3.org

  Date:       09/12/2007 06:35 AM

  Subject:    Re: XForms 1.1 WD last call comments from CDFCDF01 - Abstract text moved to Introduction   WG (PR#124)

Dear CDF WG,

The abstract of a document is supposed to be a miniature introduction to
the
document's content that helps a person decide whether or not they want to
read
the rest of the document.  The XForms 1.0 abstract was inadequate to this
purpose.

It is clear that the document is a specification for XForms, but the
abstract
cannot end there.  It must explain, basically, what XForms is.  The
abstract
then explains the relationship between XForms 1.1 and 1.0, which is also
necessary.

For an example of a similar abstract, please see XPath 2.0.

Regards,

Nick Van den Bleeken