Re: [XForms 1.1] i18n comment: Reference to definition of data types missing (PR#7)

From: John Boyer <boyerj@ca.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 16:58:22 -0700
To: Felix Sasaki <fsasaki@w3.org>
Cc: www-forms-editor@w3.org, www-forms-editor-request@w3.org, John Boyer <xforms-issues@mn.aptest.com>
Hi Felix,

This does not seem at all necessary to require a non-normative reference
to a spec whose definition of a datatype came after our own definition of
the datatype and furthermore whose datatype is not equal to our own and
not in our namespace for that reason. We really need to shut the spigot on
changes so XForms 1.1 can get to the call for implementations (CR), which
this issue would not affect in any case because it is four-years-old

John M. Boyer, Ph.D.
STSM: Lotus Forms Architect and Researcher
Chair, W3C Forms Working Group
IBM Victoria Software Lab
E-Mail: boyerj@ca.ibm.com

Felix Sasaki <fsasaki@w3.org>
Sent by: www-forms-editor-request@w3.org
10/21/2007 10:07 PM

John Boyer <xforms-issues@mn.aptest.com>
Re: [XForms 1.1] i18n comment: Reference to definition of data types
missing (PR#7)

Hi John,

Sorry if I made myself not clear: I was asking for a reference to an
XQuery specification, not for changing the namespace of the XForms
definitions. I'm especially convinced to not use the XML Schema
namespace by your third reason: the empty strings allowed by the XForms
versions. Nevertheless, I still think a non-normative reference to
XQuery with the explanation about the differences (like you provided
below) would be helpful.

John Boyer wrote:
> Hi Felix,
> The working group considered this issue and decide to leave the datatype
> definitions in the XForms namespace for three reasons.  First, XForms is
> on XML Schema 1.0, so new types will be added to a future version of
XForms when