[LC] 6.1.3 The required Property

From: Steven Pemberton <steven.pemberton@cwi.nl>
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2007 12:04:39 +0200
To: "www-forms-editor@w3.org" <www-forms-editor@w3.org>

http://www.w3.org/TR/xforms11/#model-prop-required

"An XForms Processor may provide an indication that a form control is
required, and may provide immediate feedback, including limiting
navigation."

While the readonly property says:
"Form controls bound to instance data with the readonly model item
property should indicate that entering or changing the value is not
allowed."

Relevant says:
"In general, when true, associated form controls should be made visible.
When false, associated form controls (and any children) and group and
switch elements (including content) must be made unavailable, removed from
the navigation order, and not allowed focus."

The type and constraint MIPs say nothing about display (though there is
probably something somewhere).

1. I think that the processor SHOULD provide information that a value is
required in bound controls, in the same way as readonly says.

2. I think we should say something in the type and constraint MIPs, even
if it's only a cross-reference.

Steven