Re: ITS Rule file (PR#119)

From: Yves Savourel <ysavourel@translate.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 16:21:59 -0600
To: <www-forms-editor@w3.org>
Cc: <public-i18n-its@w3.org>

Hello Ulrich,

> An ITS rule file is not a normative part of the recommendation and we
> would be happy to provide some meeting time to help I18N WG create it,
> but we do not have the resources to create it.
>
> Regards,
> Ulrich Nicolas LissC).

We looked at XForm a bit more closely and found that not many rules are needed to have a basic good ITS definition. I've listed
those rules below:

<its:rules xmlns:its="http://www.w3.org/2005/11/its" version="1.0"
 xmlns:x="http://www.w3.org/2002/xforms">
 <!-- Example of ITS rules for XForm -->
 <!-- Translate data category -->
 <its:translateRule selector="//x:value" translate="no"/>
 <!-- Element Within Text data category -->
 <its:withinTextRule selector="//x:output" withinText="yes" />
</its:rules>

We think it could be helpful for people using ITS-aware translation tools to have access to this example somewhere near the XForm
specification or schemes.

Cheers,
-Yves