XForms document versioning

From: Mark Birbeck <mark.birbeck@x-port.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2007 17:02:12 +0100
To: www-forms <www-forms@w3.org>, www-forms-editor@w3.org

Hello,

I'd like to suggest that we have a version attribute that can be used
on any element in a host language. This would therefore be a global
attribute in the XForms namespace, and might be used as follows:

My feeling is that this attribute is less about enforcing behaviour of
processors, and more about providing a clear indication to authors
which type of document they are dealing with.

For example, if a form contains a submission that uses the new
xf:resource attribute or element, it may not be immediately obvious to
a new author as they start to learn XForms, that this is not supported
in all processors. Rather than having a flurry of emails on one or
other list saying that some example doesn't work, I think we should
encourage authors to indicate what standard is being used by a form.

Regards,

Mark

--
  Mark Birbeck, formsPlayer