Re: Another Question about 10.1.8 The load Element

From: John Boyer <boyerj@ca.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 23:01:59 -0700
To: www-forms-editor@w3.org
Hi David,

The working group considered your question:

"When the load action is defined using single node binding and that
binding does not point to a node, what happens with the "navigation"?"

and asked me to prepare the response.

The working group agreed that a load action has no effect when the single
node binding does not select an instance data node.
I have been assigned the action item to prepare an erratum to that effect,
I have done so, and it is awaiting final review by the working group.  In
the meantime, I hope this email satisfies your requirement for an answer.

Best regards,
John M. Boyer, Ph.D.
Senior Product Architect/Research Scientist
Co-Chair, W3C XForms Working Group
IBM Victoria Software Lab
E-Mail: boyerj@ca.ibm.com  http://www.ibm.com/software/