Re: XForms 1.1 namespace

Hi Steven,

On 12/8/05, Steven Pemberton <steven.pemberton@cwi.nl> wrote:
> Most implementors seem to have adopted the measure of using the namespace
> to identify the required processor, and for this reason have asked us to
> change the namespace.

Are you saying that XForms 1.0 documents cannot, in general, be
processed by XForms 1.1 processors?  If that is the case, then I agree
that a new namespace may be desirable, at least for XForms due to it
being an integrated language without access to a generic XML
integration framework.  But typically, a 1.0 to 1.1 change of a data
format indicates forward compatibility - 1.0 documents can be
processed by 1.1 processors - and to a lesser extent, backward
compatibility - some 1.1 documents could be processed by 1.0
processors(*); XHTML is a good example of this.

(*) though YMMV regarding definitions of "forward" and "backward"
compatibility - some people use opposite definitions to what I used
there

Mark.
--
Mark Baker.  Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA.       http://www.markbaker.ca