XForms CR - Instance Data and Instance Data Nodes

From: <AndrewWatt2001@aol.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 06:56:40 EST
To: www-forms@w3.org, www-forms-editor@w3.org, Xforms@yahoogroups.com

I would like to ask for clarification of where instance data and instance
data nodes exist.

I am asking because it seems to me that the CR expresses this unclearly or
inconsistently. The definitions of the terms in the Glossary provide
inadequate information to constitute a definition, in my view.

At times in the CR it seems that instance data (nodes) are located solely in
the "copy" document/data model. At other times it seems that reference is
being made to the original <xforms:instance> and its content. Sometimes it
seems that both are being referred to. Sometimes it's simply ambiguous.

Which is the intended meaning?

Andrew Watt