Re: XForms CR - 3.3.1etc "XPath Extension Functions"

In a message dated 13/11/2002 19:01:07 GMT Standard Time, JBoyer@PureEdge.com
writes:

> Hi Andrew,
>
> Please reread the introduction section of the XPath Rec.
>
> Thanks,
> John Boyer, Ph.D.
> Senior Product Architect
> PureEdge Solutions Inc.

John,

Nothing in a quick skim through the Introduction seems to me to contradict
what I wrote earlier.

Was this the section you were referring to? ...

"Both XSLT and XPointer extend XPath by defining additional functions; some
of these functions operate on the four basic types; others operate on
additional data types defined byXSLT and XPointer.".

The quoted section indicates that XSLT and XPointer provide mechanisms for
extension functions.

I see no reference to "extension functions" which are "XPath extension
functions". If the XForms CR wishes to refer to "XSLT extension functions" or
"XPointer extension functions" that's fine by me. I just think it may be
incorrect for the XForms CR to refer to those as "XPath extensions
functions".

On reflection, do you agree?

Regards

Andrew Watt