CR ISSUE: Namespace pollution of submitted instance

-----Original Message-----
From: John Boyer
Sent: Thursday, November 07, 2002 10:01 AM
To: 'w3c-forms@w3.org'
Subject: CR ISSUE: Namespace pollution of submitted instance

My interpretation of the CR document is that the instance is a separate document, which to me includes the idea that THE INSTANCE SHOULD NOT INHERIT NAMESPACES available from the ancestry of the instance in the host language document.

Thus, the xforms namespace would not be included when serializing the instance for submission (unless actually declared in the instance).

This is quite important to ensure that the submitted instance is capable of being validated by server-side schema and DTDs that are unaware of the envelope used to deliver the XML to the client-side.

Some at the face to face were not aware of this behavior, so the spec needs to be clarified to make sure we have interoperable behavior.

John Boyer, Ph.D.
Senior Product Architect
PureEdge Solutions Inc.