XForms CR - 3.2.1 Illegal Requirement?

From: <AndrewWatt2001@aol.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 06:15:11 EST
To: www-forms@w3.org, www-forms-editor@w3.org, Xforms@yahoogroups.com

In 3.2.1 it is stated, "A host language must include an attribute of type
xsd:ID on each XForms element.".

I assume that the term "include" means "add".

An <xforms:model> element may already possess an id attribute and must do so
if there is more than one <xforms:model> element. If the host language adds a
further attribute of type xsd:ID it seems to me that this may violate a
validity constraint expressed in 3.3.1 of the XML 1.0 Recommendation (2nd
Edition). It may also violate Chapter 3.4.4 of Part 1 of the W3C XML Schema
Recommendation.

Comments?

I would also like to ask *why* a host language "must" add an attribute of
type xsd:ID to every XForms element.

Andrew Watt