clarification of revalidate vs recalculate

From: Alistair Coles <anc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 16:03:32 +0000
To: www-forms@w3.org, www-forms-editor@w3.org
This is similar but I think distinct from "Re: Order of
xforms:revalidate and xforms:recalculate"...

In 4.3.16 the default processing for revalidation specifies that
instance data is 'checked against any bound Xforms Constraints'. In
4.3.17 (recalculate) there is reference to the required and relevant
constraints forming computes for recalculation. I *infer* from this
that:

- during revalidation the type and isValid constraints are 'checked'
- during recalculation the relevant, required etc constraints are
'computed'

however, I would (humbly) suggest that this is not clear from the
text. Perhaps 4.3.16 & 4.3.17 should itemise the particular
constraints that are to be checked during each phase of processing?

--
 Alistair_Coles@hp.com