Re: GET should be encouraged, not deprecated, in XForms [was: Issue request for the TAG: XForms]

From: Paul Prescod <paul@prescod.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 12:35:20 -0800
To: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>
CC: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>, www-forms-editor@w3.org, www-tag@w3.org
We keep going around in circles on this. If XForms is supposed to
replace HTML forms then they need to be able to GET information as well
as PUT and POST information. HTML form GETs are used all over the Web
for good reason.

If XForms are only for sending XML data from a client to a server then
we'll have to go back and change the requirements document and  which
says that they are supposed to be a replacement for HTML forms.

I would a little bit annoyed if this were the choice because it would
mean that the Web would have to support two different form widget sets,
not just for a long time, but forever.

 Paul Prescod