Singular/Plurar Constructions

From: Dan Culley <dan@toddsmith.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 16:07:46 -0500
To: <www-forms-editor@w3.org>
Dear MD,

Not to be a smart ass, but your rant about XForms being a word with no
singular form contains some incorrect statements, including:

	scissors- 	a scissor is a single blade of a pair of scissors, or a more
antiquated term 			for a single pair of scissors.

	cattle-		the singular of cattle is cow, bull, or steer, depending on the
sex of the 			animal and the condition of its reproductive organs.

These definitions are courtesy of Mirriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary.
Also, I see no good reason why "XForm" is an innappropriate term. What do
you suggest we call one, an XForms form?

Thanks,
Dan Culley
Todd Smith Products
http://www.toddsmith.com