9.1 XForms group element and model item properties

From: Ray Cromwell <ray.cromwell@oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 22:43:39 -0800
To: <w3c-forms@w3.org>

Can we clarify in the draft how <group>, and perhaps <repeat> are to
interact with model item constraints. For example, if instance node X
has relevent="false" and a group binds to node X, is the group as a
whole not visible, even if child nodes of X are relevent="true"? I would
expect groups bound to instance nodes to work exactly as regular
controls, so that the group as a whole would be invisible.

The same question applies to <repeat> processing. If a node in the
nodeset is relevent="false", should repeat processing skip that node?

-Ray