Re: Events review part II: 4.3 Interaction Events

From: Jérôme Nègre <jerome.negre@e-xmlmedia.fr>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 11:24:10 +0100
To: "Mikko Honkala" <honkkis@tml.hut.fi>, <www-forms-editor@w3c.org>
> 4.3.2 xforms:next and xforms:previous
> MH: Substantive: Default processing should happen only at the target.
These events should not bubble, otherwise the default
> processing will be done both in the control and e.g. in the enclosing
group element.

In my understanding of chapter 1.2.4 of DOM level 2 Event model, the process
is the following :

* the event goes down to the target node (it can be canceled during this
phase)
* the event goes up to the document node (it can still be canceled during
this phase)
* if the event wasn't canceled, the default processing is done.

I don't see why bubbling would cause the default processing to be done
twice.

Jérôme