XForms WD 20020821 - 2.2 What is a "top-level" element?

From: <AndrewWatt2001@aol.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 09:25:58 EDT
To: www-forms@w3.org, www-forms-editor@w3.org, xforms@yahoogroups.com

In the penultimate line of 2.2 the term "top-level element" is used without
further explanation.

In addition, there is no definition for the term in the Glossary.

I assume that "top-level element" is intended to be interpreted as a synonym
for a "root element".

It seems to me that it would be better to avoid the term "top-level" element,
not least since the same term has a significantly different meaning in XSLT.
In any case, as seemingly used in XForms the term "top-level" seems
inappropriate.

Once usage of the term "root element", or an appropriate substitute, is
agreed then that term might be better used in place of "top-level" element.

Andrew Watt