XForms WD 20020821 - That singular or plural thing

From: <AndrewWatt2001@aol.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 04:32:01 EDT
To: www-forms-editor@w3.org

The current WD is ambivalent about whether "XForms" is singular or plural
and, therefore, whether it takes corresponding singular or plural verbs.

For example, in 2 paragraph 1 line 1 we have "XForms have ..." with a plural
verb but in paragraph 4 line 1 we have have "XForms has ..." with a singular
verb.

I appreciate that English grammar isn't the primary concern of the WG but
some consistency would be beneficial.

In passing I perhaps should mention that it is rather anthropomorphic to
refer to "XForms has striven ....". If you mean "The XForms Working Group has
striven ...", or some similar meaning, then why not just say so?

Andrew Watt