XForms WD 20020821 - 1.1 Background

From: <AndrewWatt2001@aol.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 04:16:42 EDT
To: www-forms@w3.org, www-forms-editor@w3.org, xforms@yahoogroups.com

In Chapter 1.1 Line 3 I suggest that the line begins "the W3C response",
rather than as currently drafted.

Inserting "W3C" avoids the charge of arrogance that has been frequently
levelled at W3C XML Schema of hijacking a generic technical term, "xml
schema" for a W3C brand.

I appreciate that the issue is not so overt here, but inserting "W3C" better
indicates the reality that XForms is one of several responses to a perceived
need.

Andrew Watt