xforms: consideration

From: Falk, Warren <Warren.Falk@smartworks.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2002 09:34:38 -0500
To: "'www-forms-editor@w3.org'" <www-forms-editor@w3.org>
I realize I am far passed the last-call date for a suggestion.  I am looking
at integrating XForms into a web-based page description language I am
developing for SMARTworks.com.  But I just thought I'd bring this up.

It appears that XForms has no "map" or equivalent element.  It's my belief
that a map element is crucial in both web, and non-web.  It is mostly
useless in a voice-entry system, but in a paper-system it is used frequently
to make indications of location.  For instance, a coroner might use it in an
autopsy to note the location of a bruise etc...

Current web support for "map" elements in XHTML is insufficient because
specification of a location also submits the form which may often not be
desired.