RE: woff2 metadata

From: Levantovsky, Vladimir <Vladimir.Levantovsky@monotype.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2015 21:37:42 +0000
To: Jason Campbell <jason@houseind.com>, "www-font@w3.org" <www-font@w3.org>
Hi Jason,

The metadata format in WOFF2 is identical to WOFF1 and is presented as a separate data block (as is the case in WOFF1). Any tools that work today for WOFF1 metadata format can be re-used to generate metadata for WOFF2 files. I am not sure if I can help you with the pointer to a tool though – I am not aware of open source tools that would automatically generate metadata and it really depends on a workflow used to generate webfont files.

Thanks,
Vlad