Re: css3-fonts: should not dictate usage policy with respect to origin

From: John Hudson <tiro@tiro.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 14:18:36 -0700
To: Glenn Adams <glenn@skynav.com>
CC: "Levantovsky, Vladimir" <Vladimir.Levantovsky@monotypeimaging.com>, Sylvain Galineau <sylvaing@microsoft.com>, liam@w3.org, StyleBeyondthePunchedCard <www-style@w3.org>, public-webfonts-wg@w3.org, www-font@w3.org, "Martin J." <duerst@it.aoyama.ac.jp>
Glenn wrote:

> This is why I
> offered alternative language that would permit those existing
> implementations to remain conformant while requiring new implementations
> (e.g. HTML5 UAs which otherwise require same origin) to implement same
> origin to be conformant.

As I understand your suggestion, Glenn, it does more than permit
existing implementations to remain conformant. It seems to leave open
the door to new implementations not supporting same origin for webfonts
if they do not support same origin for other purposes.

JH