Re: css3-fonts: should not dictate usage policy with respect to origin

From: John Hudson <tiro@tiro.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 13:01:07 -0700
To: Jonathan Kew <jonathan@jfkew.plus.com>
CC: Glenn Adams <glenn@skynav.com>, "Levantovsky, Vladimir" <Vladimir.Levantovsky@monotypeimaging.com>, Florian Rivoal <florianr@opera.com>, "Martin J. Dürst" <duerst@it.aoyama.ac.jp>, "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>, W3C Style <www-style@w3.org>, 3668 FONT <public-webfonts-wg@w3.org>, www-font@w3.org
Jonathan Kew wrote:

> I think many of us would want to make that second statement a MUST, both in the interests of better interoperability, and to maintain the environment that has led to the current flourishing of webfont availability, services, and use.

I agree. I was trying to clarify what would be acceptable to Samsung and
what wouldn't, leaving aside for now what might be acceptable or not to
other stakeholders.

JH