Re: css3-fonts: should not dictate usage policy with respect to origin

From: Glenn Adams <glenn@skynav.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 12:53:36 -0600
To: John Hudson <tiro@tiro.com>
Cc: "Levantovsky, Vladimir" <Vladimir.Levantovsky@monotypeimaging.com>, Florian Rivoal <florianr@opera.com>, Martin J. Dürst <duerst@it.aoyama.ac.jp>, Jonathan Kew <jonathan@jfkew.plus.com>, "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>, W3C Style <www-style@w3.org>, 3668 FONT <public-webfonts-wg@w3.org>, www-font@w3.org
I believe we could agree to the first, but not to the second. In fact, we
want to make the second to read as:

       UAs MUST NOT, by default, treat webfont resources as
       same origin restricted.

In the absence of an author declaring either a restriction or a relaxation,
we believe the default should be NO restriction.

G.