RE: css3-fonts: should not dictate usage policy with respect to origin

From: Levantovsky, Vladimir <Vladimir.Levantovsky@MonotypeImaging.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 09:45:26 -0400
To: Glenn Adams <glenn@skynav.com>, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
CC: John Hudson <tiro@tiro.com>, W3C Style <www-style@w3.org>, 3668 FONT <public-webfonts-wg@w3.org>, "www-font@w3.org" <www-font@w3.org>
If I may, I’d like to draw a parallel and say that a mechanism by which access restrictions are controlled is a sort of API that is intended to be used by authors. As such, an API is only usable if it’s supported by all implementations. If API is optional and can be supported or not supported at will, then using this API by authors isn’t really an option, IMO.

Vladimir