Re: WOFF comment: Description of text elements

From: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2011 15:28:30 +0200
To: Richard Ishida <ishida@w3.org>
CC: www-font@w3.org
On Wednesday, June 15, 2011, 3:17:21 PM, Richard wrote:

RI> Thanks for addressing this request.  What Jonathan did helps a lot.

RI> I wasn't sure why you didn't have a list of attributes and elements for
RI> the text element.  For example, I was trying to figure out whether the
RI> dir attribute can be used on the text element (to prevent the need for
RI> adding it to each of the enclosed divs, or indeed adding a div if there
RI> is only a single 'paragraph'.

RI> I didn't see anything in that section that enlightened me, one way or
RI> the other.

I agree that it would be useful for the text element to be described using the same format as the other elements. I hadn't noticed that this element was described differently.

The existing paragraph could remain as further information, after that description.

Thanks for the swift reply.

 Co-Chair, W3C Hypertext CG