Update on I18n-ISSUE-2: Why not using xml:lang?

From: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2011 15:35:39 +0200
To: public-i18n-core@w3.org
CC: www-font@w3.org
Hello public-i18n-core,

Just to update you on this issue, your proposal to use @xml:lang
instead of @lang was accepted. We allowed old content to use @lang and
require new content to use @xml:lang.

The editors draft has been updated as has the RelaxNG:

  Several elements store their data in text child elements; this is to
  support localization. The text elements MAY be given a lang
  attribute in the XML namespace [XML]. For backwards compatibility,
  lang attributes in the default namepsace are also accepted in older
  content, and SHOULD be treated the same as xml:lang. New content
  SHOULD instead use xml:lang.

  http://dev.w3.org/webfonts/WOFF/spec/#Metadata

It would be great if you could send an email message to www-font
acknowledging that this responds to your comment (for our last call
tracking purposes). We are now under some time pressure to close out
last call.

 Co-Chair, W3C Hypertext CG