Re: [www-font] WOFF metadata - should we require (rather than recommend) the use of UTF-8?

Hi,

Although I don't know the popularity ratio of UTF-16
and UTF-8 in existing XML content, I think most XML
specs (and most XML implementations) permits both of
UTF-8 and UTF-16, so, the exclusion of UTF-16 can add
extra care to make a WOFF object by generic XML
implementations.

Could you describe the expected advantage to exclude
UTF-16? If there is any preference coming from non-
XML field, it should be clarified.

Regards,
mpsuzuki