Re: Last call comments on WOFF

From: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 21:52:29 +0200
To: Bert Bos <bert@w3.org>
CC: www-font@w3.org
Hello Bert,

You wrote

> 7) Is there really an advantage to aligning tables to 4-byte
> boundaries? It's another bit of extra work for a generator, another
> place where a programmer can make mistakes.

This was discussed by the WG and the conclusion was that yes, alignment to 4-byte boundaries does make things easier rather than harder for implementors. Its also what is currently implemented. So we do not plan to change this requirement.

Please respond indicating whether youo accept this decision.

 Co-Chair, W3C Hypertext CG