W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-font@w3.org > April to June 2011

Minutes, 6 April 2011 WebFonts WG call

From: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2011 18:01:06 +0200
Message-ID: <11210198529.20110406180106@w3.org>
To: www-font@w3.org
Hello,

Minutes of todays call at
http://www.w3.org/2011/04/06-webfonts-minutes.html

and below as text for tracker

                 WebFonts Working Group Teleconference

06 Apr 2011

   [2]Agenda

      [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webfonts-wg/2011Apr/0000.html

   See also: [3]IRC log

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2011/04/06-webfonts-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Vlad, +1.425.882.aaaa, ChrisL, jdaggett, tal,
          +1.250.247.aabb, +1.250.668.aacc

   Regrets
          Jonathan

   Chair
          vlad

   Scribe
          chrisl

Contents

     * [4]Topics
         1. [5]disposition of comments
         2. [6]action items
         3. [7]authoring test suite
         4. [8]activity statement update
     * [9]Summary of Action Items
     _________________________________________________________

   <trackbot> Date: 06 April 2011

   <cslye> Hi there. I won't be able to call in, so I will mostly lurk
   here on IRC.

   who just joined?

   vlad, we are getting a lot of noise from you. on a mobile phone?

   (issues with spam filters blocking wg emails)

   (tracker seems to have some issued tracking on www-font. works ok on
   public-webfonts-wg. systems team is investigating)

   <scribe> scribenick: chrisl

disposition of comments

   <jdaggett> url?

   [10]http://dev.w3.org/webfonts/WOFF/DoC/issues-lc-2010.html

     [10] http://dev.w3.org/webfonts/WOFF/DoC/issues-lc-2010.html

   for Change metadata section to use XMP

   bert suggested to use xmpfor the extension

   Vlad: seems very heavy for a rarely used key-value apir

   ChrisL: agree

   Resolved: reject

   Wasteful to use four bytes to store an origLength

   bert agreed there

   A context-free grammar for WOFF would be nice

   jdaggett: so much of css depends on the prose so we dont use the
   grammar. ask dbaron tobe sure

   ChrisL: no implementor seems to want that

   jdaggett: woff is a format with syntax .. cant see how a CFG would
   help

   Vlad: agreed

   resolved: reject call for a context free grammar

   ChrisL: I responded on I18N-ISSUE-7: Paragraphs and inline content

   Vlad: ok so action items

   <scribe> ACTION: jonathan to add div and span to spec [recorded in
   [11]http://www.w3.org/2011/04/06-webfonts-minutes.html#action01]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-82 - Add div and span to spec [on Jonathan
   Kew - due 2011-04-13].

   <scribe> ACTION: chris to add div and span to RNG [recorded in
   [12]http://www.w3.org/2011/04/06-webfonts-minutes.html#action02]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-83 - to add div and span to RNG [on Chris
   Lilley - due 2011-04-13].

   ChrisL: (explains procedure for unreplied comments: nospecific
   timeout defined, just demonstrate best effort to get a response)

   Vlad: ok and if we agreed with the comment we can assume agreement
   by default

   ChrisL: two commentors, Bert and Richard are on staff so i can
   callthem and ensure we have a response

   Vlad: looking at issue 18

   18. license element text subelements

   Vlad: thought we agreed there

   [13]http://dev.w3.org/webfonts/WOFF/DoC/issues-lc-2010.html

     [13] http://dev.w3.org/webfonts/WOFF/DoC/issues-lc-2010.html

   tal: this is one where i thought text element could be optional.
   have seen live fonts that do this
   ... willsend follow-up email

   sylvain agreed
   [14]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-font/2010OctDec/0091.htm
   l

     [14] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-font/2010OctDec/0091.html

   tal: saw some with no license info, just url. so in woff that would
   have @url and no text child

   Vlad: spec says that element MAY have text child
   ... so its already optional

   ACTION chris to add an example with license @uri and no text child,
   validate it

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-84 - Add an example with license @uri and
   no text child, validate it [on Chris Lilley - due 2011-04-13].

   Vlad: spec already modified

   tal: ok, agreed that resolves my point

   esolved: issue 18 license element text subelements closed, agree,
   commentor agrees

   Vlad: ok so that is allthe comments we have for now

action items

   [15]http://www.w3.org/Fonts/WG/track/actions/open

     [15] http://www.w3.org/Fonts/WG/track/actions/open

   action-57?

   <trackbot> ACTION-57 -- Jonathan Kew to respons on issue-14 -- due
   2011-01-26 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [16]http://www.w3.org/Fonts/WG/track/actions/57

     [16] http://www.w3.org/Fonts/WG/track/actions/57

   ChrisL: don't see a response from him

   action-61?

   <trackbot> ACTION-61 -- Chris Lilley to provide samples and respond
   to I18n -- due 2011-01-26 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [17]http://www.w3.org/Fonts/WG/track/actions/61

     [17] http://www.w3.org/Fonts/WG/track/actions/61

   close action-61

   <trackbot> ACTION-61 Provide samples and respond to I18n closed

   action-82?

   <trackbot> ACTION-82 -- Jonathan Kew to add div and span to spec --
   due 2011-04-13 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [18]http://www.w3.org/Fonts/WG/track/actions/82

     [18] http://www.w3.org/Fonts/WG/track/actions/82

   duplicate

   close action-82

   <trackbot> ACTION-82 Add div and span to spec closed

   close action-73

   <trackbot> ACTION-73 Edit WOFF faq with Johns text incorporating
   Vlad's corrections closed

   action-74?

   <trackbot> ACTION-74 -- Chris Lilley to update disposition of
   comments -- due 2011-02-16 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [19]http://www.w3.org/Fonts/WG/track/actions/74

     [19] http://www.w3.org/Fonts/WG/track/actions/74

   <scribe> ongoing

   action-76?

   <trackbot> ACTION-76 -- Maciej Stachowiak to ask apple about
   proposed FO solution -- due 2011-02-23 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [20]http://www.w3.org/Fonts/WG/track/actions/76

     [20] http://www.w3.org/Fonts/WG/track/actions/76

   Vlad; keepopen until discussed

   action-77?

   <trackbot> ACTION-77 -- Chris Lilley to propose at-risk wording --
   due 2011-03-02 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [21]http://www.w3.org/Fonts/WG/track/actions/77

     [21] http://www.w3.org/Fonts/WG/track/actions/77

   close action-77

   <trackbot> ACTION-77 Propose at-risk wording closed

   action-78?

   <trackbot> ACTION-78 -- Chris Lilley to respond on Use of attributes
   for human readable text -- due 2011-03-23 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [22]http://www.w3.org/Fonts/WG/track/actions/78

     [22] http://www.w3.org/Fonts/WG/track/actions/78

   <scribe> closed

   close action-78

   <trackbot> ACTION-78 Respond on Use of attributes for human readable
   text closed

   Vlad: issue-25 is rejected

   my action is to tell bert its rejected

   action-79?

   <trackbot> ACTION-79 -- Chris Lilley to respond on issue-25 -- due
   2011-03-23 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [23]http://www.w3.org/Fonts/WG/track/actions/79

     [23] http://www.w3.org/Fonts/WG/track/actions/79

   Vlad: thought I saw something

   ChrisL: maybe tracker missed it. i willcheck

   action-80?

   <trackbot> ACTION-80 -- Chris Lilley to respond on issue-26 -- due
   2011-03-23 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [24]http://www.w3.org/Fonts/WG/track/actions/80

     [24] http://www.w3.org/Fonts/WG/track/actions/80

   action-81?

   <trackbot> ACTION-81 -- Jonathan Kew to provide link for issue-34 --
   due 2011-03-23 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [25]http://www.w3.org/Fonts/WG/track/actions/81

     [25] http://www.w3.org/Fonts/WG/track/actions/81

authoring test suite

   <tal>
   [26]http://dev.w3.org/webfonts/WOFF/tests/AuthoringTool/Tests/testca
   seindex.xht

     [26] http://dev.w3.org/webfonts/WOFF/tests/AuthoringTool/Tests/testcaseindex.xht

   tal: we added some clarification for authoring tools that do editing
   before woff conversion
   ... also clarified searchrange
   ... otherwise its done
   ... apart fromm a cvs problem

   (discussion of cvs binary issues and config)

   action chris to find out from mac users how to set binary in the
   commandline cvs

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-85 - Find out from mac users how to set
   binary in the commandline cvs [on Chris Lilley - due 2011-04-13].

   tal: other thing is, after last call changes to spec, look for new
   tests or remove no longer applicable tests
   ... for example xml;lang support

   ChrisL: to be clear, that doesn't prevent us moving to CR. the test
   suite can be incomplete

   Vlad: we are ahead of the game here

activity statement update

   ChrisL: i will update to show we have a test suite and almost
   finished last call

   adjourned

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: chris to add div and span to RNG [recorded in
   [27]http://www.w3.org/2011/04/06-webfonts-minutes.html#action02]
   [NEW] ACTION: jonathan to add div and span to spec [recorded in
   [28]http://www.w3.org/2011/04/06-webfonts-minutes.html#action01]

   [End of minutes]
  

-- 
 Chris Lilley   Technical Director, Interaction Domain                 
 W3C Graphics Activity Lead, Fonts Activity Lead
 Co-Chair, W3C Hypertext CG
 Member, CSS, WebFonts, SVG Working Groups
Received on Wednesday, 6 April 2011 16:05:00 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Saturday, 11 June 2011 00:14:11 GMT