Re: EPUB and fonts

Thanks for this pointer, Sylvain. For a while I've thought it odd that the eBooks people don't seem to talk to web people so this is good news.

Chris, perhaps could you remind us how much interest or influence W3C has, officially and unofficially, in the eBook world.

On a slightly related note, I wonder if W3C has a collective opinion on how webfonts should be handled in the "save as complete webpage" feature of modern browsers. (Well, it's one way to make an eBook.) In my tests, Firefox, Safari and Chrome (latest Mac stable releases) are all fine with data URI fonts. Firefox and Chrome fail on linked font files, but Safari actually stores a remote webfont as a font/ttf MIME resource inside the .webarchive.

- L