Re: Including WOFF in ACID3

From: Mikko Rantalainen <mikko.rantalainen@peda.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 09:46:50 +0300
To: "www-font@w3.org" <www-font@w3.org>
> The proposed change would mean that Acid3 no longer tests:
>
>    does the browser support installable TTF webfonts?
>
> but rather:
>
>    does the browser support either installable TTF webfonts or WOFF?
>
> That's a semantic change, and it's not trivial.

Also considering that ACID 3 was supposed to test features that were in
CR state or better in 2004, it should be pretty clear that WOFF does not
apply. (http://ln.hixie.ch/?start=1200301306&count=1 - criteria 5)

ACID 3 is not about real-world interop and never was.

Saying that, I have to say that no CR state or better in 2004 said that
@font-face must support TTF. Regardless of this, I think ACID 3 should
not be changed for this.

I'd like to see WOFF test in ACID 4, though.

--
Mikko