Re: Shouldn't fonts embedded through @font-face be available in <canvas>?

On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 8:51 AM, François REMY <fremycompany_pub@yahoo.fr>wrote:

> ?I much prefer this option. Drawing a text to ask to download a font
> seems like a terrible hack. Another solution would be to add a
> property in the @font-face {} rule to force immediate download.
>
> The traditionnal "onload" event of the window object would then
> be delayed until the font (and images...) to be used in the canvas
> is ready

It's quite nice to be able to only download the font if you need characters
from that font. For example that lets you specify a downloadable font to be
used only if the system fonts don't have specific characters you need. The
proposal I made supports that case. Your suggestion (and David's suggestion)
doesn't. (But I think your suggestions would be worth having anyway.)

Rob